Sunday 31 March 2013

Spoken Word Piece titled "Lord Have Mercy"

I have seen you, not with my eyes but I have seen through, the Word of life that ignites my eyes and melts away the ice, so I can have a clear view
When I saw you, I knew that it was true, my nerves became glue, my eyelids too, my body was goop
I had seen your love and kindness but now my iris became mightless like a broken staff because I saw your wrath
God you scared me worse than monsters under the bed, more than the walking dead, or cancer in my head, you scared me
Not because I feared what you would do to me but because I saw my friends and family, those that rejected your son were burnt at a million degrees plus one, because they enjoyed their sin and hated you from within, and now they were cast out, just like they wanted
God I saw your holy war against evil, against a sinful people who grieve your cathedral, against pretentious pastors and perverse popes medieval
God I saw your holiness defiled by false Christians who are Christians only when it's convenient to be Christian, but they deny the sacrificed Christ when they're sliced, diced, and enticed by the nice ice of the world
God I saw you do what you had to do, a long overdue, not new, but accrued due to the enemies of you
And I thought
God, Have mercy on their souls! That's Darren, John, and Joel!
My God, have mercy!
Those are my friends Ken, Brian, and Percy! I don't want a controversy, and I don't have much words see? But could you spare them please? Could you put their minds at ease? My mind at ease. Is there anyway to save them?! Do you have to condemn?!
And with a most serious look He turned to me and said, "These men are dead. Each rejected my gospel their whole life and now their reward is strife. But I want you to answer me, did you worry about their eternity? I didn't see you speak to them of the cross, yet you knew they were lost. You didn't even pray sincerely, you said a tiny prayer knowing full well that they'd be punished severely. Now you want them to be saved? Where were your prayers that day?"
I wanted to awake from this bad dream, I was saved by grace and my loved ones got steamed.
I knew it was the truth, I avoided evangelism like a cavity on a tooth, didn't want to be offensive so I acted like youth, loved popularity too much to be uncouth
And now it's judgement day and all I can say is God is here to stay and all his enemies will be cast away, so before its too late, mark a date to bring the raw gospel like sushi on a plate
I vow to make his name famous, the spotless lamb blameless, punished for our iniquity that earned us death yet with every breath bore the burden of men
You don't love God, you hate him!
And your rebellion has enraged him, but it instead of handing you your the death check to your work in sin he payed him.
He made his son pay for your errors and faced his own wrathful terror.
And now God made me saved, set the record straight like a dj, and Eri Erick got grace
Not because I deserve it but because of His Will, my deadly disease is cured by the medicine that is God's pill, the gos-pil
Preach the message in the deep truth and also in love, grace and peace to you from the father above. Lord have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment